Thursday, January 2, 2014

My sudden Encounter with a DOCTOR from UK


On 31st December, 2013 a visitor from UK, who is a Doctor by Profession but a close associate of us by virtue of maintaining a relationship with him; paid a very short visit to our home nearer to mid night. As I was suffering from flu or pneumonia of acute nature; I somehow could able to come to the Drawing Room to see him. On seeing me in such a condition, he collected the entire information from me to know about the condition of my health and remarked that if any suffer from Peptic ulcer and survived from the ailment through stroke of Luck, the second occurrence is a must within a period of 2 years which too Doctors at ‘Sagar Apollo’ Hospital, Bangalore; had opined unless one is kept under proper medication.

While 1st burst of Ulcer occurred during mid 2010, the second burst of Ulcer took place on December 4th 2012. Again while my first burst of Ulcer happened suddenly, the next burst happened due to repeated visits to ‘Pareeksha Bhawan’ of Bangalore University {once at each alternate week for over a year which is situated @ 35KM away from our Residence} to collect the result of our son which was withhold by the University due to ‘change of Scheme’ from one to the other; riding on a Motor Cycle being both {son & me} sick. Following my second burst of Ulcer; I am a half dead and half alive person of useless value and my venturing to come out from the place of my Residence happen only under extra-ordinary circumstances and accordingly we now expect that the advice from the Doctor shall restore my mobility to normal to move around freely.    

The concerned Doctor expressed that it is common occurrence everywhere within the Globe but not a life threatening ailment anymore provided if we take a simple precaution of taking a tablet for the rest of life by the concerned patient to dilute the Acid coming in combination from ‘ pancreas’ &   parietal cells in the Gastric Gland of the Stomach into the digestive area within the intestine to avoid causing of another rapture around the damaged portion of the intestine where the covering by the tissues{through a fresh generation} in the affected area shall always remain weak forever, if the patient is aged. Since the name of the same medicine differs from Country to Country, he gave us the name of the Medicine as available in UK, the name of which is reproduced hereunder for the knowledge of all such patients suffering or suffered from burst of Ulcer (Peptic Ulcer) to prevent happening of it for a second time without one’s knowledge. 

                     Omeprazole Capsule: 40mg (once a day throughout the life)

Further he explained that the refusal of my body not to accept either any blood transfusion {to replenish the Blood that was lost from the body during the time of my ailment or burst} or intake of any antibiotic through intravenous injective or while mixing Blood with saline water {which the Doctors at the concerned Hospital tried to inject into body from outside} to fight the ailment of peptic Ulcer in me; was due to the allergic reaction of penicillin present both in the bottled blood as well as in antibiotics with that of the Blood present in my body. The happening of it nonetheless rare; but it often poses a greater threat to life to the patient instead of the ailment itself. Not exactly knowing what is causing so {i.e. my general uneasiness of the body, rigor etc., my struggling for taking breathe}; the Doctors at Sagar Apollo Hospital called me having a ‘mental disorder’ for my ignoring a very serious ailment from doing of an appropriate treatment. Accordingly, I left the Hospital almost immediately after admission without undergoing any treatment. 

The Doctor who lost his beloved ‘Father’ due to suffering from last stage of Cancer in view of non-visiting any Hospital by giving more stress upon Aurvedic or Homeopathic Medicine possibly for the same reason; even though he was constantly together with him. When the Doctor could able to convince his Father’s that his Medical Check-up is very important, it was a too late for his Father to do a recovery of any nature. Feeling immensely impressed talking to me with both eyes choked with tears he declared that ‘I am your Doctor from to-day and I shall only take decision about your Health and none else’, I instantly fall prey to the LOVE expressed as such.

He further remarked that he had a constant feeling that as if he got back his beloved Father while talking to me in a different form and when the caught me saying ‘I never break my words once pronounced’ which I had instantly accepted; ignoring my all earlier undertakings on the issue. This is how ‘LOVE’ extended by one towards the other win all other wars in all its forms most at ease. Following meeting with the said Doctor for a few minutes has changed my entire opaque view towards Medical Profession to a much clearer one to understand it.
{The name of the Doctor is Mr. Prasant Hegde MBBS MD FRCS a Resident of Birmingham, UK and a Briton by Citizenship}  

END     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment